Want to Join the Beehive? Gain Access Here. Please leave a rating and review for the show.
Melissa shares a personal story about feeling overwhelmed trying to balance her career and family responsibilities. She would take on most of the household and childcare tasks in addition to her demanding job.
This led to burnout and conflicts with her husband. They made a list of all the tasks and divided them more evenly between them. Over time, they also delegated age-appropriate chores to their kids.
A year and a half ago, her husband left his job to work for their business. He now handles the majority of household tasks. Melissa realized recently that she no longer thinks about or remembers many of those tasks because they are fully off her plate.
She explains that when responsibilities are not part of your routine, they fall out of your mind. She encourages listeners to delegate tasks that don’t belong to them. It takes time, but eventually you may need to remember what you used to do with them.
- Melissa was overwhelmed trying to balance a demanding job with managing most household tasks.
- She made an exhaustive list of all her daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Melissa and her husband divided up the tasks more evenly between them.
- They also delegated age-appropriate chores to their children.
- A year and a half ago, her husband took over most household tasks.
- Melissa realized she no longer thinks about or remembers tasks that are not her responsibility.
- When tasks are not part of your routine, they fall out of your mind.
- Delegate tasks that don’t belong to you for a lighter mental load.
In this episode, Melissa shares her journey to delegating household and childcare tasks after feeling completely overwhelmed. She explains how responsibilities you don’t routinely perform eventually fall out of your mind. Melissa encourages listeners to make a list of tasks and delegate those that don’t belong to them. This reduces mental load and frees up time and energy.
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
LISTEN BELOW! And don’t forget to ‘follow’ and leave a rating & review!
Click below to Follow, Review & Give a 5-star rating to Efficiency B Podcast